Premium Quality Gobindobhog Rice (25 kg) By Sanjeev Chaudhary
- Product Code: sanje1
- Availability: In Stock
- Visit Vendor Store/ Shoppingkart24: Forum for Indigenous Agricultural Movement
· Gobindobhog is a rice cultivar from West Bengal, India. It is a short grain, white, aromatic, sticky rice having a sweet buttery flavour. It derives its name from its usage as the principal ingredient in the preparation of the offerings to Govindajiu, the family deity of the Setts of Kolkata.
· Gobindabhog was traditionally cultivated in the districts of Bardhaman, Hooghly, Nadia and Birbhum. Later it began to be cultivated in Bankura and Purulia.
· It has many traditional Bengali recipes intended for it specifically.
· Health Benefits
· It has no saturated fat, cholesterol or sugar. It is quickly digestible and has diuretic properties. It is essential for a healthy heart and nervous system. It is non-parboiled.
Tags: Gobindobhog Rice